Kyle plans on being at the garden Saturday and Sunday to coordinate work on the Shed. The following things need to be completed in order for all of us to enjoy the benefits of the shed. We'll need 3-5 people to help finish the shed so that everyone can stay busy. But it would be great to get 5-7 people total so that we can keep things flowing and everyone can have help. As you all know there is plenty to do in the garden so even if you can't work on the shed there is always something that just needs initiative.
Don't know if anyone has a portable grill that will fit more than 4 burgers or pieces of chicken on them but it would be fun to BBQ for lunch (if you are a vegetarian Kyle have way to much zucchini and can donate that to the grill).
Basic plans for the shed are located here: http://www.theclassicarchives.com/how-to-guides/free-simple-shed-plans
- (2-3) People
- Install remaining siding
- Install the gutter once the roof joists are on
- Install the Plexiglass windows
- (1-2) People
- Install roof joists (1-2) - These will need to get some notches cut in each end prior to installation, so someone that is very comfortable with a Jigsaw or sawzall would be great for this task.
- Install the roof sheathing/plywood (2) people
- Install the roofing material and shingles
- Clear the area around the shed to create room to work.
- Breakdown the fencing material so that we can work by the shed.
- Wrap up previous days activities
- Build the doors
- Build stairs/ramp to shed so that people can get in. This could be done out of the palettes that we have.
- Build fascia pieces
- Caulk joints to weatherize the shed (to keep rain out).
- Start construction on the Rain Barrel Supports
Please let Kyle know if you are coming, what days and what times you can be there. Any few hours you can spare would be amazing so that we can finish the project. You can email him at: firstname.lastname@example.org