Patchen Avenue Block Association presents their annual fundraiser "Under the Stars Blue & White Affair."
Tickets are a suggested donation of $40
Serving heavy scrumptious gourmet hors d'oeuvres & refreshments, raffle prizes and a fabulous time
Looking to clear out your closets or love browsing flea markets? Join us Sunday, June 24 from 10am to 3pm for a community yard sale in and around the garden! There will be lemonade and snacks as well
If your interested in selling, please contact Tracy Fernandez at email@example.com
Patchen Avenue Homeowners Circle presents their Annual Soul Food Fundraiser
Patchen Avenue Block Association will be hosting police officers and fire fighters (and their trucks!) for neighborhood kids to meet and interact with to get a better understanding of why the police are here to help them. The event will take place April 28 from noon to 4pm on Patchen Ave between Jefferson and Putnam.
We will be meeting at Bailey's Café, 324 Malcolm X Boulevard (between Bainbridge and Decatur)
Topics to discuss:
- Review and make decisions regarding the task force's proposals
- Open Hours
- Regular garden maintenance
- Reorganization of our leadership structure
- Communication with new members and the community
- Decide which new table to purchase for grassy area
- Projects for the year
- Membership, dues
Please register your membership for 2018 using our new online form here prior to the meeting. You can pay dues via our PayPal at: paypal.me/PatchenSquare - Membership fees are $10 for general members and $40 for those who have plots (which need to be received by May 1st). We will also be accepting dues at the meeting.
We will be having a work day on Saturday April 7, starting at 10am.
- exterior beds
- use brick to re-create rest of pathways between private beds
- clean garbage/leaves/weeds around the perimeter
- fix brick edgings around perimeter spaces in community area
- prune rose bushes
- spread mulch
- finished compost to be spread in community beds
- consolidate leaves into containers and dispose of bags
- community bed planting
- fix any beds that are deteriorating
- fix active compost bin
We will explore using both fresh and dried plants/herbs that grow in the garden to make homemade medicinal tinctures, teas, and lovely cleansing products for body, home, and spirit.
- a small glass jar, such as a mason jar, or old jam or pickle jar, boiled (also the cap) and left to air dry.
- Your extraction medium of choice--generally alcohol is used, at least 80 proof, vodka and brandy work very well. Apple cider vinegar is a non-alcoholic option, as well as food-grade glycerine.
- Plant material. We can harvest from the garden that day, or people are of course welcome to bring whatever they'd like to use/experiment with. Highlighted plants for demonstration will include lavender, sage, and thyme. There are some others in the garden we will discuss as well.
Please RSVP here
Patchen Community Square will be hosting a compost education session on July 23nd at 5pm that will last 15-20 minutes long talking about compost, how our bins are used, and a quick demo of how to deposit veggie scraps into the pile.
Our compost system is open to members-only, so if you would like to compost with us, become a member!